Housing & homelessness services for women
St Bartholomew’s House Kensington Street Transitional Accommodation for women over 50
The aim of the Kensington Street Transitional Accommodation Program, located on 111 Kensington Street in East Perth, is to provide safe, secure and affordable accommodation for females aged fifty years or over, who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness.
To be eligible for the Kensington Street Accommodation Service, applicants must:
- Be female, aged fifty years or over.
- Have a regular source of income, i.e. Centrelink payments, wages, etc.
- Homeless, or at risk of homelessness, or be residing in inappropriate accommodation that is detrimental to their health and well being.
- Be eligible to be placed on the Department of Housing priority wait list.
- Be able to live independently (with external support if necessary).
- Applicant’s requiring external support to sustain their accommodation, will be required to demonstrate such support is in place or be agreeable to be referred, by St Bart’s staff to appropriate external support services.
- Be able and comfortable to live in a shared accommodation environment.
- Be willing to abide by the terms of the “Licence to Occupy and House Rules”
- Currently be residing in Western Australia at the time of application and allocation of accommodation.
Applicants, who meet the requirements of the criteria, are eligible to be referred for accommodation. They can self refer or be referred by general practitioners, hospitals and external agencies.
St Bartholomew’s House Inc.
7 Lime Street,
EAST PERTH WA 6004
Telephone 08 9323 5100
Facsimile 08 9325 3699