3rd World Conference of Women’s Shelters (The Hague, Netherlands, 3-6 November, 2015)
Over 1,000 delegates from 115 countries gathered in The Hague to share and exchange experience and knowledge across the following key themes:
- Economic independence of women survivors
- Sustainable financing and advocacy
- Transboundary violence against women: international exchange and cooperation
- Continents: what is happening? Strengthening global and regional networks
- Innovative approaches to eliminate violence against women and to support survivors
The objectives of the Conference were to: strengthen women's shelters and the Global network; promote international cooperation and international projects Form a broad coalition with government and the business community; and generate awareness in the wider community and public arena.
Angela Hartwig, CEO of the Women’s Council for Family and Domestic Violence Services WA, attended the Conference and has provided an interesting overview of the event.
Read the Report