Improving service provision to women means acknowledging their unique experiences and perspectives, enhancing the best practice approaches AOD treatment services already have in place or adopting philosophical perspectives that give a greater voice to the needs of women.
This NADA resource is a practical guide to supporting workers and organisations to provide best practice interventions for women accessing alcohol and other (AOD) treatment. The resource provides a range of information to support you in your work including:
· Women in AOD treatment settings
· Creating an enabling environment for women in AOD treatment
· Improving access and retention for women from a diverse range of backgrounds
· Pregnancy, parenting and AOD
· Developing and strengthening partnerships
· Organisational change and self-care
· Useful resources
Download a copy of the resource here.